John T. Kirtley, III
John T. Kirtley, III, is the firm’s trial attorney, and he has practiced law since 1988. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Texas attorneys have given him the highest professional and ethical rating (AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated), and he was selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters’ 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Texas Super Lawyers® for the publishers of Law & Politics and Texas Monthly magazines.
John has litigated hundreds of cases involving automobile and trucking collisions, premises liability, wrongful death, pharmaceutical litigation, defective products, construction accidents, injured seamen and longshoremen, insurance claims, workers' compensation, employment-related claims, consumer and commercial transactions, sexual abuse, drug class action lawsuits, medical malpractice, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Professional memberships include The National Trial Lawyers (Top 100 Trial Lawyers), the American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, and the Houston Bar Association.
John graduated with honors from the University of Houston. He earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Trial Advocacy.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western District Courts of Texas
- U.S. Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
Published Appellate Decisions:
- Michelsen v. Jones, 2011 Tex. App. LEXIS 5291 (Hou. [14th Dist] 2011, Memorandum Opinion) no pet
- Bombardier Aero. Empl. Welfare Benefits Plan v. Mestemacher, et al, 354 F 3d. 348 (5th Cir. 2003) cert. denied
- Harris County v. Franks, 875 S.W.2d 1 (Tex. App. - Hou. [1st Dist.] 1994, no writ)
- Aguilar v. Wenglar Construction Co., 871 S.W.2d 829 (Tex. App. - Corpus Christi 1994, no writ)