Essure Birth Control Implant Health Complications
May 9th, 2017|
Thousands of women over the years have undergone a non-invasive procedure to receive an Essure birth control implant. The implant consists of two metal coils that are placed in each fallopian tube. As scar tissue develops around the coils, it effectively blocks any sperm from reaching a woman’s eggs, essentially eliminating the possibility of fertilization. Most have this procedure done because it is quick and non-invasive. However, patients in recent years have suffered severe health complications requiring corrective surgeries including hysterectomy or abdominal surgeries.
Complications that may arise from an Essure implant include:
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension/pseudotumor cerebri
- Puncturing of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and/or other organs
- Movement of the device within the body
- Breakage of the device within the body
- Allergic reactions to nickel used in the implants
- Development of lupus and certain other autoimmune diseases
If you are one of thousands of women negatively impacted by the Essure birth control implant, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses and more from the manufacturer. Contact us today for learn more about your options as a victim. Our defective medical device attorneys are ready to help.