Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough Scholarship for Military Veterans
In recognition of the bravery and dedication of our troops, the law offices of Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough are proud to create our first-ever Scholarship for Military Veterans. We hope that this $1,000 veterans scholarship will help one deserving veteran succeed in school and their career.
The work performed by the members of our armed forces is invaluable. Service members not only risk their lives to defend democracy and liberty, they are held to incredibly high standards of discipline, knowledge and ethics. At Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough, we believe strongly in the mission of our armed forces and in the men and women who carry that mission out.
We also believe that veterans deserve to follow the career of their dreams. A veteran of the US military brings a valuable perspective to the workforce, drawing on the same values they were taught in the military and using those values to improve the world around them. We want as many veterans as possible to earn a degree and embark upon a fulfilling career. Our hope for this veterans scholarship is that it will help one veteran do exactly that.
We urge all eligible veterans to apply. Applications will be reviewed with an eye to the content of the essay as well as academic merit. We wish all candidates luck and look forward to bestowing the scholarship.
Deadline for Applications:
May 1st – Spring Semester
Applicant Essay Topics
Please choose one of the questions below and write an essay of 500-1000 words.
- Was there a moment during your service when you helped someone, in a way you couldn’t have as a civilian? How can you continue to help others outside of the service?
- What is one way in which you believe veterans are misunderstood? How can greater understanding be fostered between veterans and the general public?
- You have served in the United States armed forces or reserves (any branch).
- You are either accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States.
- You have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your completed application, and your essay using the online form.
How to Apply
To apply for the Ferrer, Poirot & Wansbrough Scholarship for Military Veterans, please complete our online application.